Monday, January 18, 2010

A semester of honesty

So, hopefully at this point you have registered for all your classes and if you are reading this than it means you are not still standing in line at the bookstore. A new semester is upon us and for me I am taking this time to stop and be thankful for all the opportunities I have been given. God has truly blessed my life her at LBC and financially I have been able to make it. I also take the time to stop and think about what God has in store for the upcoming months and I ask that you do the same. Think about your previous semesters and what you have learned. Take that information and use it for this semester.

For me I feel as if God would have me work on honesty. I know that this isn't going to be a popular topic and it honestly won't win me any friends. But I feel that I'm at the point in my life where people need to know where I'm coming from and they need to know how I feel about things. This doesn't mean that I have been someone dishonest in the past, I just feel that it's time to take a deep breath, step back, and tell it like it is. Honesty, in definition is this: moral uprightness: the quality, condition, or characteristic of being fair, truthful, and morally upright.

So take the honesty challenge with me. Or make your own challenge. Don't just spend another semester at LBC sitting on the sidelines. Make a difference. Even if it's the unpopular thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments appropriate, I will delete them if I find them offensive. - Higgins