Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankfulness

As I sit here, in my living room lights down low, with a candle burning on the coffee table listening to The Swell Season, I’m reminded of all the things that I have to be thankful for. So, I have decided to make a list in particular order.

My childhood – I’m grateful that my parents made the decision in impart certain things into my life as a child. Despite the mistakes I’ve made, those things have made me who I am today.

My friends – I seriously don’t think I could have made it through this year without all the guys from Bru. You have been there during my worst days and have been there to make memories with me that will I never forget (Almost getting arrested because of a Moose, almost getting in fights at the movie theatre, God Squad, Attack of the Easter Bunny, Barn Parties, the list could go for days). I have been truly blessed with the best of friends. There were even a few people outside of Bru, which have made an impact as well. Needless to say I’m thankful for you all.

My family – My family has always had one rule; do what you want. Don’t worry about what other people are going to say, do what makes sense to you. More specifically do what God wants you to do. Also, be a team player. My mom always compared our family to a basketball team, if one player wasn’t helping out the entire team would fail.

My school – I have been given an amazing opportunity, to study, to grow, and to figure out what I believe. LBC has given me a chance to do that, and has introduced me to many great professors who care about me more than my grades. I’ve never felt like just a number.

I look back in my life and can see that I have a lot of things to be thankful for. I see things as a scale, with the amazing things on one side and the…well not so amazing things on the other. Thankfully, the good has outweighed the bad.

So what are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Please keep all comments appropriate, I will delete them if I find them offensive. - Higgins