Friday, November 6, 2009

Music you should be listening to

Every once in a while I come across some music that I feel is worthy of many people listening to. One such band I started listening to, and then everyone else followed suite was Ocean City...so you're welcome. Now there is a new band that I can't stop listening to, Deas Vail (which is a combination of Latin and French meaning Humble servants of God).

I want you to close your eyes and imagine this band. Take 1 part Mae, 1 part Copeland, 1 part Mew (danish band I highly suggest listening to them!) The vocals in the band are incredible. The lead singer Wes Blaylocok's voice so melodic and smooth. When combined with the melodies of his wife (met her at the Chameleon Club very cool person) Laura, blend together so amazingly that you will be listening to this cd all day!

The band hails from Arkansas on the Mono vs Stereo label. They currently have four albums out and one EP. Their newest album came out (online only) on October 27th 2009, titled Birds and Cages. They are currently on tour with Mae.


"Anything You Say" from All the Houses Look the Same (Youtube link)

"Write me down, I am the words: falling apart. Take this broken world off of my heart. So I stumble down into the room where the templates are made. And you show me that somehow I can change these days."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments appropriate, I will delete them if I find them offensive. - Higgins