Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back From Break...And Then Some

By now...hopefully we are all back from break. If not...where the heck are you? It's already Thursday and you have missed most of this week!

But seriously, I hope that you all had a great break. Hopefully it was a time of relaxing and taking some time to enjoy the break from all the school work and stress of the day to day. If your break was busy I hope that you got many things accomplished!

I was fortunate enough to take a bit of a road trip to Kentucky. My uncle has a cabin there and he was gracious enough to let myself and a couple friends stay there for about a week. While there, we went rock climbing, hiking, and do some really good cooking. If you didn't already know I love to cook and this trip gave me plenty of opportunity to flex my culinary muscles.

The trip also afforded us the opportunity to grow closer with one another. This happens after being in a vehicle with the same people for nine hours. Also, this happens when you are staying in the same cabin for a week. Each day we found ourselves taking time to spend with God individually as well as together. A really cool thing that always seemed to happen is that throughout the day we would find time to talk about things God was doing in our lives as well as what He was showing us in the Word.

Despite all the fun we had (and trouble we tried to get into), there was still time and importance for our individual relationships with God.

As this semester quickly tries to rush us into summer I pray that you make time for God. Make the time to fix things that might need fixed and rejoice in the things that God has made right in you. This goes for any relationship that you need to fix personally as well. Truth be told we have no guarantees on a tomorrow. Take time to do what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments appropriate, I will delete them if I find them offensive. - Higgins