Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Things About God

I recently became aware of Billy Corgan's new blog. Billy Corgan for those of you who might not know was/is the lead singer of the extremely amazing band The Smashing Pumpkins. The band broke up in 2000 and has since reformed in March of this year, with new members. (Billy is still the lead singer). The pumpkins first album came out in 1991 and the band quickly began to gain popularity. Throughout the years Billy Corgan, had denied religion and the concept of God. I don't want to clam that he is now a believer because after all that is not something that I am even worthy of judging. All I can go on is what he has been writing in a new blog he started online. I find it very thought provoking and extremely interesting. Here is just some of what he has to say. I highly recommend going to his site and reading what he has to say.

Everyday People

"It should be an easy choice to decide that you want a life of inner
integrity, but we all know the world around us is designed to strip us
of the fidelity of our personal convictions only to replace them with
something more manufactured (and thus more profitable via someone
else’s false god). There is God, and then there are gods, idols along
the way that may convince us that the One God can be replaced by a
lesser thought. To me, when I say One God, I mean One Truth, One Love, One Destination."

www.everythingfromheretothere.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments appropriate, I will delete them if I find them offensive. - Higgins